Monday, January 7, 2008

The Big Game

In my mind going into the final, the match up was not even. My opponent had the last pick in the draft, had been hit by numerous injuries which depleted his roster, and he had not picked up enough solid replacements from the waivers to beat me. As a result, I felt confident tweaking my roster to such an extent that I took on huge risks in the hopes I would embarrass my opponent by beating him with a super high score--this was a very stupid gesture that easily could've cost me the game.

Why did I do it? My opponent was the same jerk who always won our league, and he had been trash talking me the entire week. I wanted to make him pay, and could've lost doing it. But as they say, the ends justify the means, no?

I got lucky. I didn't lose. So screw it!!!

No comments: