Monday, January 7, 2008

The First Half

I honestly felt I drafted better than anyone else in our league. I may not have had every stud available, but I had solid players at the critical positions (RB, WR, QB) and believed I would be able to count on a solid number of points each week (from 75-100) from my team.

As the season started, my team performed exactly as I expected. I got consistent numbers each week, although bad luck struck me once or twice. Since I intentionally had a few players I had no interest in but hoped might be sleepers, I was able to pick up some better players off waiver wire when they popped up--ie. Patrick Creighton, Dante Stalworth, etc.

I was 5-2, and I was near the top of the league. Far more important, I was confident I would win the next few weeks. ..

End of the first half of the season.

No comments: